Change the path of lost, abandoned, and unwanted animals’ lives
As of Monday May 10th 2021, people may visit the shelter under these conditions:
– visits strictly by appointment – please call 042816559 for an appointment
– must wear a mask
– no groups of more than 2
– must register on arrival with name, phone, ic/passport
– must agree to staff taking their temperature on arrival and not enter the shelter if it is above normal
– must maintain social distancing with staff and anyone else in the shelter
– must accept they may have to wait outside the gate if there are too many people inside (at staff’s discretion) .
Monday – Friday : 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
Saturday : 10am – 12.30pm
Sunday : Closed
Strictly no group visits at the moment, we plan to restart volunteer briefings after MCO.
For every licensed dog, there are approximately 4 stray animals out there.
Many of them are suffering every day. Animals need help, but they can’t speak for themselves.
SPCA Penang is a temporary animal shelter to help the sick, injured and unwanted. We provide temporary care for healthy, abandoned and unwanted animals until a home is found.
SPCA also plays a role to educate the public about responsibility towards their pets.
How It Works
Provide proper care for sick, injured and unwanted animals.
Prevent cruelty towards animals, physically & mentally.
Educate the public about an ethical attitude in raising animals and encourage responsible pet ownership.
How You Can Get In Involved with SPCA Penang
Be a part of SPCA to help prevent cruelty & provide care to animals. You will receive regular newsletters from SPCA as well.
Help us to look after the animals, run events, awareness campaigns,
fundraising, and even do
Help to foster young puppies / kittens for a period of time until they can be vaccinated and placed for adoption.
Find a great companion for life!
Adopt one, instead of
buying a pet.
Support us by purchasing our merchandise for yourself or as gifts. Help us to help them.